cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Files of A Folder

Displaying Files of A Folder

pedroosorio
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to display all files of a given folder of a team.

So, I set the dropbox api (full dropbox), authorized and made the call list_folders. When the path is "" it returns the files of my personal folder, but when I want files from a folder that other team members can see too it shows nothing... ex.: putting the path "/Sample Folder" for a folder called Sample Folder returns no files and no subfolders...

fullsizeoutput_700.jpegfullsizeoutput_702.jpegfullsizeoutput_705.jpegfullsizeoutput_706.jpeg

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

From your screenshots, I see that your team is using the "team space" configuration. By default, API calls will operate only in your private member folder, and not in the team space, so you won't be able to access that "Sample Folder" outside your private member folder by default.

You can configure your API calls to operate in the team space though, so that you can access its contents, such as the "Sample Folder" in this case. You can do so by using the "Dropbox-API-Path-Root" header. You can find information on how to use that in the Namespace Guide here:

https://help.dropbox.com/teams-admins/team-member/team-space-overview

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?