cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Displaying file from Dropbox into a WebApplication using Dropbox API

Displaying file from Dropbox into a WebApplication using Dropbox API

Mostafa Ezzat
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello, 
       I want to find the best way to view a file like a video or image from Dropbox into a Website using HTTP or Javascript SDK 

for example I'm trying at least to download a file using the shared link and CURL
I also have a question should I use double quotes or single quotes with CURL in the Doc of the website there is a Double quotes but I saw some API calls with single quotes

Basically, It's sync a folder's files which on Dropbox to the Website. 

curl -X POST https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/get_shared_link_file \
    --header "Authorization: Bearer <REDACTED> " \
    --header "Dropbox-API-Arg: {  \"path\":\"/Hi/drop.jpg\",\"url\":\"https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmziscnuzavon9a/drop.jpg?dl=0\"}"

It prints this error: {"error_summary": "shared_link_not_found/", "error": {".tag": "shared_link_not_found"}}

11 Replies 11

Mostafa Ezzat
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Can I ask one last question, Please. 
Can I add any parameters to options array here to get the directory name, the normal options response I get the name of the file, So I need also the name of the folder, sharing_get_shared_link_metadata  I'm thinking of using this if it's not possible to do the previous one but it will request additional requests for sure. Thanks in advance

MostafaEzzat_0-1650558117732.png

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, the Dropbox Chooser does not offer an option for getting the name of the parent directory of the selected file. You can find all of the available options in the Chooser documentation.

Need more support?