cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docs to Go app unauthorized error when trying to access my files

Docs to Go app unauthorized error when trying to access my files

Julie G.17
Helpful | Level 6
I recently reset my phone and now I'm having an issue accessing my files through the Docs to Go app. When I went to re-authorize the app on my phone, I had to reset my password TWICE because it said there was a problem with my login even though it was the correct email AND password. Now, when try to access my files through the Docs to Go app on my phone, I get an "UNAUTHORIZED" error message pop up a few hours after authorizing the app. I then have to delete my dropbox account from the app and re-add & re-authorize it only to go through all this again a few hours later. However, I have the EXACT SAME app on another device and DO NOT have any trouble accessing my files through the Docs to Go app on that device. What is going on? Why isn't Docs to Go staying authorized on one device, while remaining authorized on another?
1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This is related to updates to the Dropbox system that applies to new authorizations. This is something that needs to be supported by the third party app itself. Third party developers received advance notice of these updates so they could update their apps as needed, so please check if there are any updates to the third party app available.

Otherwise, please reach out to the support organization for that third party app for help. If the developers of this third party app are having any trouble with the Dropbox API itself, they can reach out to Dropbox developer support directly with the relevant technical details.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?