cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox plan to implement a development environment like 'Box'

Does Dropbox plan to implement a development environment like 'Box'

Ashley B.15
Helpful | Level 7

Hi,

I've been asked to do some work with the the Dropbox for Business APIs. At the moment you have to sign up for a trial and give your credit card details to be able to do any development and testing. I signed up for this and couldn't cancel my subscription in time. For which I have been charged £66 which dropbox is refusing to refund. Even though there has not been any activity on this account. Also, When speaking to one of your colleagues before, they refunded it with out any question. But now for some reason won't. 

Now with my rant over and £66 lighter. Do you plan to implement anything for developers where they don't have to sign up for a trial. Can you do something similar to Box? You can signup for a developer account and simulate an Enterprise environment without having to give any credit card details at all.

Look forward to your response. Hopefully it will be quicker than your customer services.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

Why exactly did you sign up and pay for an account? Dropbox offers totally free, fully functional accounts. Theres no need to pay for an upgrade at all. 

Also, the upgrade to Pro is instant. There is no trial. Its a pay and upgrade. Thats because the way the free version works you don't need a trial. You can of course opt to do monthly instead. 

Business has a trial but thats £750.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ashley B.15
Helpful | Level 7

Hi,

I was using the Dropbox for Business endpoints and creating an Dropbox for Business application.

Mark
Super User II

Ah, so the £66 was for 5 x $15?

I was working on $99 converted to £ (you know since Brexit....!)

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ashley B.15
Helpful | Level 7

yep. I went for the lowest number of users.

Is there another way of developing/testing the endpoints without having to sign up for a trial?

Don't really fancy signing up again. I have to create a new email account each time as you can't use the same one, well not get the free trial on a previously used account

Mark
Super User II

Got to be honest and say no idea, I'm just a user like yourself. 

However, the API guys are really good who will no doubt pop along later and offer pearls of wisdom. They are in SanFran though so probably not up yet!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback Ashley! We don't have a system for developers to set up test accounts for themselves for the Dropbox Business API like that right now, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. I don't know if or when that would be implemented though.

Apologies I don't have more useful information to share!

Ashley B.15
Helpful | Level 7

I think it would be something worth while adding. I've had to create numerous dummy accounts to access this feature and do any development. In the one case got caught short and charged for which I am trying to get a refund for which is becoming very painful due to the poor customer services.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We now have the ability to offer developers access to a free Dropbox Business Development Account. This will allow you to test your app using a standard Dropbox Business team. You can request one using this online form. Once the team approves your request, you’ll be sent instructions by email to set up your development account. 

Note that development accounts are granted on a by-request basis and are contingent on additional terms and conditions outlined in the request form. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this. I hope this allows you to better test your applications in the future. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Ashley B.15 Helpful | Level 7
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?