cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DropBox Auth for backend

DropBox Auth for backend

Karmo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am developing an app that requires to read metadata from dropbox files. This backend has no interraction with the user directly. I am having difficulties finding a way to get backend authenticated by itself without the requirement of the developer needing to give it a new session auth every 4 hours or so. Using refresh tokens it seems the backend needs to now know clientID alongside the secret. Is there another way I am not seeing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution
Hello @Karmo,

While retrieving the access token and refresh token for the Dropbox API, you would usually need the client_id (app key), and client_secret (app secret). However you could implement PKCE with the Dropbox API without the client_secret (app secret). For further information, please review the following below:

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution
Hello @Karmo,

While retrieving the access token and refresh token for the Dropbox API, you would usually need the client_id (app key), and client_secret (app secret). However you could implement PKCE with the Dropbox API without the client_secret (app secret). For further information, please review the following below:

Need more support?