cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBoxRest API in C# OAuth2 Does not contain a definition for AuthorizeAsync

DropBoxRest API in C# OAuth2 Does not contain a definition for AuthorizeAsync

samamerrifield
Explorer | Level 3

I'm not entirely sure where this goes. I'm trying to write a program that access specific files in my dropbox account but it keeps giving me this error message. How do I fix that?

The error message appears on just this line of code:

var authRequestUrl = await client.Core.OAuth2.AuthorizeAsync("code");

I'm still kind of learning how to use this. I got the code from this site https://github.com/saguiitay/DropboxRestAPI

Can anyone help?

Update: Oops! I sort of found the solution right after I posted this. Idk if it really fixes my problem yet but on the site above someone asks a similar question and says to use this line instead:

var authRequestUrl = client.Core.OAuth2.Authorize("code");

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'm glad to hear you sorted that out already.

For reference though, it looks like you're using a third party SDK. As it's made by a third party, we wouldn't be able to provide support for it.

Also, it unfortunately looks like that SDK uses the old Dropbox API v1, which is deprecated, and going to be retired soon.

You should move to API v2 instead. We have an official API v2 .NET SDK you can use.

samamerrifield
Explorer | Level 3

That's exactly why I left this up even though I figured out the answer. I really wasn't even sure if I was using the right code (or if it was current). Thanks 😄 I'll check that out.

Oh! And the reason why I posted it here even though it's a third party SDK is because I foudn this thread: 
https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-support/How-to-get-files-by-DropBoxRest-API-in-C/m-p/100846#M302...

and I was hoping it would catch the attention of these people too.

@Greg-DB wrote:

I'm glad to hear you sorted that out already.

For reference though, it looks like you're using a third party SDK. As it's made by a third party, we wouldn't be able to provide support for it.

Also, it unfortunately looks like that SDK uses the old Dropbox API v1, which is deprecated, and going to be retired soon.

You should move to API v2 instead. We have an official API v2 .NET SDK you can use.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

samamerrifield Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?