cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Embedder stopped working, even the example on Dropxbox.com

Dropbox Embedder stopped working, even the example on Dropxbox.com

James_T
Helpful | Level 6

The folder view of the Dropbox embedder stopped working today on my website. Just says "Something went wrong".

I went to Embedder Documentation - Developers - Dropbox - and the same is happening there also (bottom of page, before "Removing the Embedder"). Tried Edge and Chrome based browsers. Same issue also on my phone.

James_T_0-1680261327824.png

9 Replies 9

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! We'll look into it and I'll follow up here once I have an update.

CJason
Helpful | Level 5
I have the same problem.

Following this thread.

Mediajedi
Explorer | Level 3

Same issue here. I posted yesterday to the community with no response yet. I am hoping someone fixes this. I will be following this thread thanks.

nishu-pixofix
Explorer | Level 4

hi, i'm facing the exact same issue and it's been almost a day. so wondering if there's anything needed to do from our side or not to mitigate the issue, thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@nishu-pixofix There's nothing you should do to work around or mitigate the issue. The team is working on resolving it on our side.

nishu-pixofix
Explorer | Level 4

@Greg-DB thank you for your response! i see everything is back to normal again now 👍

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, this should be working again now.

nishu-pixofix
Explorer | Level 4

Hello again @Greg-DB,

I was wondering, in case something goes wrong, is it possible to detect that from my end programmatically?

i mean if i can somehow understand if the embedded content is loaded successfully or not (via javascript or something), then maybe i can just show the link instead for clicking on it to go directly to dropbox in case embedder view is not working.

Thanks in advance!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@nishu-pixofix No, the Embedder doesn't offer a way to programmatically detect error cases like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    nishu-pixofix Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?