cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Embedder stopped working, even the example on Dropxbox.com

Dropbox Embedder stopped working, even the example on Dropxbox.com

James_T
Helpful | Level 6

The folder view of the Dropbox embedder stopped working today on my website. Just says "Something went wrong".

I went to Embedder Documentation - Developers - Dropbox - and the same is happening there also (bottom of page, before "Removing the Embedder"). Tried Edge and Chrome based browsers. Same issue also on my phone.

James_T_0-1680261327824.png

9 Replies 9

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! We'll look into it and I'll follow up here once I have an update.

CJason
Helpful | Level 5
I have the same problem.

Following this thread.

Mediajedi
Explorer | Level 3

Same issue here. I posted yesterday to the community with no response yet. I am hoping someone fixes this. I will be following this thread thanks.

nishu-pixofix
Explorer | Level 4

hi, i'm facing the exact same issue and it's been almost a day. so wondering if there's anything needed to do from our side or not to mitigate the issue, thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@nishu-pixofix There's nothing you should do to work around or mitigate the issue. The team is working on resolving it on our side.

nishu-pixofix
Explorer | Level 4

@Greg-DB thank you for your response! i see everything is back to normal again now 👍

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, this should be working again now.

nishu-pixofix
Explorer | Level 4

Hello again @Greg-DB,

I was wondering, in case something goes wrong, is it possible to detect that from my end programmatically?

i mean if i can somehow understand if the embedded content is loaded successfully or not (via javascript or something), then maybe i can just show the link instead for clicking on it to go directly to dropbox in case embedder view is not working.

Thanks in advance!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@nishu-pixofix No, the Embedder doesn't offer a way to programmatically detect error cases like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    nishu-pixofix Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?