cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Java SDK - does "listRevisions(String path)" return ordered list of revisions?

Dropbox Java SDK - does "listRevisions(String path)" return ordered list of revisions?

sergey-sm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I need to know if the order of returned file versions is guaranteed for this method https://dropbox.github.io/dropbox-sdk-java/api-docs/v5.2.0/com/dropbox/core/v2/files/DbxUserFilesReq... ? I need to restore the latest previous version of a file if a version id is not provided for our API.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The documentation doesn't indicate a specific sort order, so I can't guarantee if/how it will be sorted. I'll ask the team to document/guarantee a particular order, but I can't promise if/when that would be done. That being the case, I recommend applying whatever sorting you need client-side to be sure.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The documentation doesn't indicate a specific sort order, so I can't guarantee if/how it will be sorted. I'll ask the team to document/guarantee a particular order, but I can't promise if/when that would be done. That being the case, I recommend applying whatever sorting you need client-side to be sure.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?