cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Team in python??

Dropbox Team in python??

alexiscastillodj
Explorer | Level 4

I am trying to create a python file that will download some files automatically, but my account is a business team account and I cannot connect it, I have informed myself what I have been able to and all the forums tell me:

if you're using a "Dropbox API" app, your code should look like:
dbx = dropbox.Dropbox(_dropbox_token)

dbx.files_list_folder()
if you're using a "Dropbox Business API" app, your code should look like:
dbx = dropbox.DropboxTeam(_dropbox_token)
dbx.files_list_folder()

I have tried this system and it does not work. I have tried to look for more options and I do not find anything, please can you help me.
The error is the following:
AttributeError: 'DropboxTeam' object has no attribute 'files_list_folder'

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @alexiscastillodj,

Instead of suspicious advises from unofficial places you can read the official documentation. 🙂 Isn't it?

About teams: Have you identified particular team member before try to make files access using either as_user() or as_admin() methods? 😉

Hope this gives direction.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@alexiscastillodj Yes, as Здравко said, you can find information about these types and methods in the documentation for the Python SDK.

Specifically, the files_list_folder method is only available on the Dropbox type, so you'll need a Dropbox instance to call that. Attempting to call that on DropboxTeam won't work.

Note that you can use the dropbox.Dropbox constructor for both Business and non-Business accounts as long as you have a user-linked access token (e.g., an access token without any "team" scopes). That works the same way for both account types.

If you do have a team-linked access token (e.g., an access token with any "team" scopes), you will need to use the DropboxTeam constructor first, and then use as_admin or as_user to get a Dropbox instance, which you can then use to call files_list_folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?