cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Transfer API

Dropbox Transfer API

tjosten
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

as developer of Dropshare (https://dropshare.app), I'd love to see an API for Dropbox Transfer (https://dropbox.com/transfer). Any plans for that?

20 Replies 20

homedeck
Explorer | Level 4

Hey @Greg-DB any word on this? Can you connect us directly to your engineering team? We're an image editing company and we could really use the Transfer feature. We currently use WeTransfer but we want to migrate away from them. If an engineer can reach out to us directly at <email redacted> that would be great.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@homedeck No, unfortunately I still don't have an update on this feature request. I'll follow up here if/when I do. I can't connect you directly with engineering, but if you have any questions or issues regarding the Dropbox API you can always open an API ticket here.

MakePerceive
Helpful | Level 5

I'd also love to see support for Dropbox Transfer API

horton
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Greg-DB ,

Last word on this was a year ago. We would also love to see Transfer incorporated in the API. I'm guessing it would take no more than 5 days work for a good software engineer plus x days of bureaucratic hassle 🤔

How do we get it moved up the list?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@horton Thanks for the note! I don't have an update on this, but I've added your post to the request.

Ekaterina-T
New member | Level 2

+1 person dreaming of Transfer API

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Ekaterina-T Thanks for the feedback!

spotloader2
New member | Level 2

Greg,
Unfortunately it seems Transfer Links are becoming more common across our clients over shared links. Our platform is currently not able to ingest transfer links via the existing API. This is growing support issue for us. Please provide an update about this topic.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@spotloader2 I don't have any news on this feature request unfortunately. I'll follow up if/when I do.

For future reference, it is not necessary to post the same message in multiple threads.

tjosten
New member | Level 2
It has been quite a while now. Any update on this? Can you at least say whether you’re even considering offering an API for this?
Need more support?