cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox and Lazarus

Dropbox and Lazarus

magleft
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello.

I am relatively new to programming. I have created an application with lazarus. For its best operation I would like through the link to be able to download and upload a file. So far I can download it and save a copy on my computer. I would like to ask if it is possible to upload the file to dropbox via the link. If so is there an example with the required parameters? If not is there a library or add-on for lazarus?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @magleft,

Unfortunately your environment language (Pascal) is NOT supported directly by Dropbox. Yes, using regular web queries you can download files pointed by URLs like shared links.

@magleft wrote:

... I would like to ask if it is possible to upload the file to dropbox via the link. ...

Unfortunately upload to a link (I suppose you mean file request) isn't so easy, cosa it's not a simple request. Such types of upload targets to Web interfaces (browser) and completely unsupported by Dropbox by any other way.

You can look around for some community driven library (SDK) targeting Pascal. Another way is direct driving calls to Dropbox API. In other words to do something like your own SDK (no necessary literally). Using Lazarus utilities/libraries for web calls you can perform all needed API calls, like any SDK would do. Take a look on the user API list. You can test/prototype your calls using API Explorer. 😉

Happy diving in programming world!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @magleft,

Unfortunately your environment language (Pascal) is NOT supported directly by Dropbox. Yes, using regular web queries you can download files pointed by URLs like shared links.

@magleft wrote:

... I would like to ask if it is possible to upload the file to dropbox via the link. ...

Unfortunately upload to a link (I suppose you mean file request) isn't so easy, cosa it's not a simple request. Such types of upload targets to Web interfaces (browser) and completely unsupported by Dropbox by any other way.

You can look around for some community driven library (SDK) targeting Pascal. Another way is direct driving calls to Dropbox API. In other words to do something like your own SDK (no necessary literally). Using Lazarus utilities/libraries for web calls you can perform all needed API calls, like any SDK would do. Take a look on the user API list. You can test/prototype your calls using API Explorer. 😉

Happy diving in programming world!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?