cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox changing certificates to more than two?

Dropbox changing certificates to more than two?

charlesfish
Explorer | Level 3

Hey guys,

I am aware that you guys are updating your certificates for Dropbox OTA and it looks like you are planning on going from one overarching certificate to requiring two. I was wondering what the reason for switching from one to two was and if there is any chance in the future that you would add even more? We are using Dropbox for embedded OTA updates, so if a third or fourth certificate is added we could have issues updating devices in the field.

Thanks!!

Charles

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the post! It sounds like you're referring to this earlier thread.

Our current certificates will be expiring, so we'll need to update them before they do, and we're also planning to move away from using EV certificates, which involves using a different root.  In order to handle that without disruption, we recommend trusting both roots.

I don't have any other information to share right now about if/when we may be expanding that further, but this is open with the team to formalize this to give more specific guidance in the future.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?