cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox for Business - Queries

Dropbox for Business - Queries

gagsbh
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello,

I am developing a solution for Dropbox for Business.

I have few queries:
1. Can we have 2 owners of a shared folder or a team folder ?
2. For a Dropbox team having single team admin, can we delete its admin ?
3. If a team admin is deleted, do we get any web-hook notification telling us whether 
the team admin deleted ?
4. If a new team member is added to Dropbox Team, will we get a web-hook notification
5. How do we remove admin rights of a user (demote) who was promoted to an Admin earlier ?

Thanks,
Gagan
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. No, folders can only have one owner at a time.

2. No, you cannot remove the last admin on a team. Attempting to do so will result in the 'remove_last_admin' error.

3. Yes, if your app has the "team member management" or "team member file access" permission, you can register for and receive Business webhook notifications for events like this. You can find more information in the documentation there.

4. Same as #3.

5. You can use /2/team/members/set_admin_permissions to change a member's admin permissions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. No, folders can only have one owner at a time.

2. No, you cannot remove the last admin on a team. Attempting to do so will result in the 'remove_last_admin' error.

3. Yes, if your app has the "team member management" or "team member file access" permission, you can register for and receive Business webhook notifications for events like this. You can find more information in the documentation there.

4. Same as #3.

5. You can use /2/team/members/set_admin_permissions to change a member's admin permissions.

gagsbh80
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello Greg,

Thanks for the reply.

I receive multiple web-hook requests on the webhook url for a single file uploaded in Dropbox shared folder of a Dropbox account.

Similarly, I get multiple webhook notification on the webhook url when a new Dropbox member is added to the team.

Can you please help me understand why is this happening.

Regards,
Gagan

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
It is expected that you'll receive a webhook notification for changes in a shared folder for each member of that shared folder. There's a note about this here:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/teams#webhooks

Are you receiving exact duplicate webhook notifications when a single new member is added though? That wouldn't be expected. If that's what you're seeing, please share samples so we can take a look. You can share privately here if you'd prefer:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact
Need more support?