cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error 403 (disallowed_useragent) on sign in (with google) to dropbox to link with my android app

Error 403 (disallowed_useragent) on sign in (with google) to dropbox to link with my android app

Oleg3
Helpful | Level 5

I make a request to Dropbox to link with my android app and select to sign in with google account.

After autorization I get the next error: Error 403 (disallowed_useragent). You cant sign in from this screen because this app doesnt comply with Google`s embedded webview police.

My request code is as shown in the documentation:

String clientIdentifier = "my_app";
DbxRequestConfig requestConfig = new DbxRequestConfig(clientIdentifier);
List<String> scopes = asList("account_info.read", "files.content.write");
Auth.startOAuth2PKCE(getApplicationContext(), APP_KEY, requestConfig, scopes);

Please help! 

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report. It looks like you're using the Dropbox Java SDK. Can you let me know what version number of that SDK you have installed? Also, have you made any modifications to it? I just tried this and this error doesn't reproduce for me.

Additionally, please let me know what browser and version number of that browser you have installed on the system where this is being displayed.

Oleg3
Helpful | Level 5

Greg, thanks for reply.

The problem written above I have solved. the cause was in embedded webview, if a autorization link opens in full version of Google Chome - the app works fine. It was strange to see an error on Android 11 (I dont have a real device, so I was testing the app on virtual one), but in my real device (android 7) the error did not appear....

After the problem was solved, I have sent the app to test it to some guy with real device on Android 12, and ..... the error was still there:

photo_2021-11-18_20-04-28.jpg

In the end it turned out that the installed Dropbox application caused this error. Unistalling it the problem disappeared and the application linked successfully. Aditionally, I did the same on my device with android 7 and I still had no problems.

Very strange....

Do you need some data to find out what happens?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear you got this working. The original error is expected if the authorization flow is processed in an web view. That's not officially supported so you should not so, and the current version of the SDK should not do so anyway.

Anyway, the second error is a different problem and is a known issue with the official Dropbox Android app itself when running on Android 11 or later. The team is working on that. One can temporarily uninstall the app to work around the issue, as you mentioned.

Oleg3
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you very much.

How could i know when this problem will be solved?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'll follow up here once I have an update on that.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This should be fixed in the latest version of the official Dropbox Android app, v262.2.2. Please update to that and let us know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks!

Oleg3
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, it works. Thanks a lot for help.

Need more support?