cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:Locked templates can only be used via the API when using test_mode=1 Endpoint: signature_reque

Error:Locked templates can only be used via the API when using test_mode=1 Endpoint: signature_reque

kurkatteamtools
Explorer | Level 3
Not able to use certain templates on salesforce. Locked templates can only be used via the API when using test_mode=1 Endpoint: signature_request/create_embedded_with_template
3 Replies 3

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @kurkatteamtools,

A locked template indicates that you have exceeded your template limit on your account. This limit includes templates created in Salesforce and the Dropbox Sign Website. Locked templates can only be used in test mode, which is the expected behavior.

If you would like to unlock your template for production use, you will need to increase your template limit by upgrading your Dropbox Sign plan or deleting some of your templates to stay below your template limit on your account. For further information, please review the following link:

https://faq.hellosign.com/hc/en-us/articles/217733497-How-do-I-use-Templates-when-testing-with-the-A... 

kurkatteamtools
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your response. I did archive and delete several templates leaving me with just the 5 I use, and yet still I am getting the "locked" error from above on the newer templates that I had created. Should I try and delete and recreate this template? Please advise.

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @kurkatteamtools,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. When your template quota opens up on your account, the templates will be automatically unlocked according to the date the templates were first created. That said, please open a Dropbox Sign API ticket with the following details so we can check on this specifically for you:

• the account email address related to your templates.
  • the full text of any error or unexpected output.
  • the template_ids that are currently locked on your account.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iNeil Dropbox Engineer
    kurkatteamtools Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?