cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error When creating new folder in teams

Error When creating new folder in teams

bnknaveenkumar
Explorer | Level 3

While creating new folder in teams i am getting error, 

{
"error_summary": "invalid_account_type/endpoint/...",
"error": {
".tag": "invalid_account_type",
"invalid_account_type": {
".tag": "endpoint"
}
},
"user_message": {
"locale": "en",
"text": "You can’t create a team folder for this team"
}
}

Not able to resolve this issue as i am stuck at this place for this account and i am using team member file access. Please suggest a solution in HTTP and also in C# SDK i am developing with C#.
3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like your team is set up to use the "team space" configuration, so you shouldn't use the /2/team/team_folder/* endpoints. To create a folder in the team space, you should use the /2/files/create_folder_v2 endpoint. That's CreateFolderV2Async in the .NET SDK. Please refer to the Namespace Guide for information on how to operate in the team space. You can set the the 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root' header in the .NET SDK using DropboxClient.WithPathRoot

Lodgical
Explorer | Level 3

Sorry I mistyped - I meant "Scanned Docs" not "Scanned Doc"

Hi, I appreciate this post is quite old now but please can you help.

I am using the following post to try to create a folder inside the "Scanned Docs" Folder shown belowimage.png

URL = https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/create_folder_v2

Contents of my Post = 

--header "Authorization: Bearer <<dropbox_token>>" \
--header "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin: <<TEAM_MEMBER_ID>>" \
--header 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root: {".tag": "root", "root": : "84********"} \
--header "Content-Type: application/json" \
--data "{\"path\": \"<<file_path>>\",\"autorename\": false}"

I have tried every permutation I can think of in the 'Dropbox-API-Path-Root (including "Home" and "namespace_id" options and numbers 1-7 in the id. The number starting with 84 above is the namespace_id for the base directory called "Lodgical's Shared Workspace" as derived from a "https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/team_folder/list" post. The "<<TEAM_MEMBER>> was discovered by using a "https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/members/list" and returned: a dbmid with a tag of "team_admin".

I am using a new API app with "scoped" permissions and have pretty much every setting ticked as active

Pretty much everytime I think I have the syntax right etc I get the error: {"error_summary": "path/no_write_permission/..", "error": {".tag": "path", "path": {".tag": "no_write_permission"}}}

Everytime I switch to try the Dropbox-API-Select-User header instead - it creates the folder I want but inside the "Paul Lodge" Home Space.

I have read the namespace documentation etc from top to bottom, I can't quite work out what piece of the puzzle I am notting getting right. Can you please help?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Lodgical I see you also have a new thread about this, so I'll follow up with you there shortly

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Lodgical Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?