cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred while downloading revision content.

Error occurred while downloading revision content.

NemiroViktor
Explorer | Level 3

Hello. Could you please help me. I want to download content of all document revisions. For example
1. I got file metadata
2. I got all revisions (3 revisions)
3. I got the error (path not found) when i trying download content of document that is not last version.

You can see in vebsite part that document has lost all it revision after unsharing of the folder. But API method ListRevisionsAsync returns them.

Screenshot_6.png

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Since the shared folder was unshared, the account can no longer access the file data from the previous revisions, which only existed in the context of that shared folder. 

The ListRevisions method does confusingly return those old revisions though, so I'll ask the team to see if we can improve or clarify this behavior and/or documentation. 

If you use ListRevisionsMode.Path those old revisions shouldn't be returned though, like on the web site.

NemiroViktor
Explorer | Level 3

It is correct for me that API returns all revisions, because i get the memberAccountId of user who created the document from the last revision (property: AsFile.SharingInfo.ModifiedBy). I will lose the author if user unshare the folder and API will return only last revision.

I'm interested why i can not download the previous versions? I always was the owner of the folder and every time has full access for all revisions.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback! The previous revisions only exist within the namespace for the shared folder. When you unshare a shared folder, you essentially destroy that namespace, so its old contents are no longer accessible.

I've sent this along to the team to see if we can change this, but I can't make any promises. I'll follow up here with any updates on this.

NemiroViktor
Explorer | Level 3

Thank You!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

NemiroViktor Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?