cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error {".tag":"failed","failed":{".tag":"download_f

Error {".tag":"failed","failed":{".tag":"download_failed"}} is returned when uploaded 13 files

sweengau
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Support,

I am using Dropbox API https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/save_url to upload 13 files (1 excel and 12 PDF). When I tried on few attempts, the same set of files are not uploaded to dropbox. 

Then, I have use https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/save_url/check_job_status to check the job status of each file being uploaded.

From the testing, I noticed some job status return error {".tag":"failed","failed":{".tag":"download_failed"}} even there is successful attempts to upload the same file to dropbox. 

Question:

1. Is it common that files uploaded /files/save_url failed without any valid reason?

2. Does the files uploaded via /files/save_url has restriction like file size, maximum uploaded file in same instance and etc from the API?

3. How to mitigate the issue (other than re-upload the same file again) by using Dropbox API?

regards,

Sam Wong

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. I don't have metrics to share on the failure rate for this endpoint.

2. There is a 5 minute transfer limit on these operations. You can find the documentation here.

3. Retrying the operation is generally the best way to handle this.

We may be able to look into these specific failures for you though. If you'd like us to do so, please share a few sample job IDs for failed jobs. You can open an API ticket here if you'd prefer to communicate privately.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. I don't have metrics to share on the failure rate for this endpoint.

2. There is a 5 minute transfer limit on these operations. You can find the documentation here.

3. Retrying the operation is generally the best way to handle this.

We may be able to look into these specific failures for you though. If you'd like us to do so, please share a few sample job IDs for failed jobs. You can open an API ticket here if you'd prefer to communicate privately.

Need more support?