cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error when uploading binary on iOS with Xcode 14 and using latest Obj-C library

Error when uploading binary on iOS with Xcode 14 and using latest Obj-C library

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5

I get the following error when uploading my binary using Xcode 14 and the latest Obj-C SDK (7.0) 

It seems to be referring to a protocol method which I am not implementing, so a little strange:

App Store Connect Operation Error

The app references non-public selectors in Payload/SpendingTracker.app/Frameworks/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial: showLoading

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report. It looks like this is a false positive on Apple's part. The only references to "showLoading" in the Dropbox Objective-C SDK are in a protocol we define and expose for callers to optionally implement and use.

It sounds like this check may be inconsistent though. We suggest trying to upload again.

You may also want to report this to Apple to see if they can fix this in their tooling.

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5

Agree that there seems to be no obvious explanation. Rather an odd false positive considering it is only a protocol with no implementation, but I will report to Apple for what it is worth.

It happens on every upload so far for me (about 6 so far). As far as I can tell it is thankfully just a warning and has not stopped me submitting to TestFlight. 

Klaus H
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue

bfisher_qsi
New member | Level 2

Thanks. I was stuck and unable to complete my upload. Some folks said they could get past this, but I could not. So I did a silly kludge and it worked: I simply renamed the function (which I wasn't using) to "showLoadingXXX" in the two places where it appeared. Now I can upload just fine.

This would not work for everyone, but since I didn't need that API call anyway it was an expedient solution. Of course, it'll break as soon as I upload the CocoaPod, but I just did an upgrade to 7.0.0 so I'm probably good for a couple of years....

Thanks for the hint.

Need more support?