cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting variable from SearchMatchV2 Result

Extracting variable from SearchMatchV2 Result

yiannimercer
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am using the search function in the Dropbox API for Python, and I need to be able to extract the path_lower variable from the SearchV2Result.  Hopefully someone can help me with this.

My Code:

dbx.files_search_v2('Test')

Output:

SearchV2Result(cursor=NOT_SET, has_more=False, matches=[SearchMatchV2(highlight_spans=NOT_SET, match_type=SearchMatchTypeV2('filename', None), metadata=MetadataV2('metadata', FolderMetadata(id='id:CMgvcnxDzGAAAAAAAAAAVA', name='Test', parent_shared_folder_id=NOT_SET, path_display='/wyss-predictive-bioanalytics/Yianni/Test', path_lower='/wyss-predictive-bioanalytics/yianni/test', property_groups=NOT_SET, shared_folder_id=NOT_SET, sharing_info=FolderSharingInfo(no_access=False, parent_shared_folder_id='9501352096', read_only=False, shared_folder_id=NOT_SET, traverse_only=False))))])

Again, I would like to extract the path_lower variable, so in this case, it would be '/wyss-predictive-bioanalytics/yianni/test'.  Thanks! 

1 Reply 1

Re: Extracting variable from SearchMatchV2 Result

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

The files_search_v2 method returns a SearchV2Result, which has a list of SearchMatchV2 in its 'matches' variable. Each SearchMatchV2 has a MetadataV2 object in its 'metadata' variable, so you can access the Metadata object and its variables, such as 'path_lower', like this:

search_result = dbx.files_search_v2('Test')

for match in search_result.matches:
    if match.metadata.is_metadata():
        print(match.metadata.get_metadata().path_lower)
    else:
        # handling for other types here
        pass

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?