cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Failed to Load Request Error when using Chooser API

Failed to Load Request Error when using Chooser API

christechlib
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We use the Dropbox Chooser API and have recently started having a problem with it (as of yesterday evening). Now when the user selects a file from the Chooser pop-up then clicks "Choose" to confirm their selection, an error appears saying "Failed to load request". The pop-up window does not close and nothing is returned to our app.

Nothing about our code has changed in a long time that I'm aware of. I have confirmed that our app has the appropriate permissions in the App Console, and our API key is correct. Was there something that changed on Dropbox's end that would cause this to start happening? It happens in all browsers we've tried it in (Chrome, Edge, and Safari on Windows 10, macOS, and iOS)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This should be working again now.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! We'll look into it.

Can you also the share the options you're using with the Dropbox Chooser for reference? Thanks in advance!

christechlib
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for the response! The only option we're passing is a custom success function which just takes the returned files and does app-specific logic with them, and the multiselect option is set to true. Everything else should be the default.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! I'll follow up here once I have an update on this.

Carol V
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We are having the same problem (as of yesterday afternoon)  When trying to upload a file to a client Wealthbox, everyone gets the "failed to load request" and I have tried going through Wealthbox....they say it is a Dropbox issue.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Carol V Thanks for the note. Yes, we have identified an issue with the Dropbox Chooser. The team is investigating. I'll reply here once I have news.

Raza_support
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We are having the same issue with our connection on Monday.com, this issue started yesterday in the late afternoon. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The team has created a fix for this issue. I'll follow up here once the fix is deployed.

Slykiwi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ditto - having the same issue for our users as well.

raz0red
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Same issue, any updates? Thanks!

Need more support?