cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File and Folder Metadata server creation and server modified times

File and Folder Metadata server creation and server modified times

bad_boy
Helpful | Level 5

It would be incredibly convenient to be able to tell when files and folders have been added to our account. Ideally, we would have both a server_modified and server_created for both FileMetadata and FolderMetadata.

For a little context, we have directories that we use for deliveries. The deliveries are each in directory per delivery. I would like to be able to archive all deliveries older than a certain date and I don't want to have to encode the date in the folder names.

Similarly, I would like to be able to tell which folders in our system haven't been touched in X days. The only way to do this that I know of is to drill down until I find a file within a folder and then use the FileMetadata's server_modified attribute. This works, but doesn't catch edge cases like empty folders. 

I have seen similar feature requests being asked in the forums the last few years, has there been any movement on this? Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback! This has been requested a few times before, but I unfortunately don't have any news on this. I'll send your request along to the team as well though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?