cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File location if there were 2 active short life tokens being active

File location if there were 2 active short life tokens being active

Patricklimkc
New member | Level 2

I have been using the Dropbox API, https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload, to upload files.

This was a scoped app. The token was short life and would expire. This would prevent me from uploading my files into the app folder. 

The problem I have now is that I generated a new token while the old one was still active (or at least I think it is). The reason I think the old token was active is because the files were still uploaded, no error message saying incorrect token appeared.

However, in the app folder, after the new token was generated, only the files which I uploaded with the new token were found, those that were uploaded with the old token were not. I have tried to find them, but I have thus far failed. 

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Patricklimkc
New member | Level 2

Ah, I recheck my code, the files disappeared from my computer because i have a remove.file on my end. 

but if anyone knows how to see if the files got uploaded somewhere apart from the app folder, please do let me know. thanks!  

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Patricklimkc,

At the upload end you should receive either error or file metadata (on success). The metadata contains full path together with everything else. That's where you can find where every just uploaded file resides. 😉

Hope this helps.

PS: Keep in mind that when your application is "App Folder" type, all paths (including such returned as metadata part) are relative to the application specific folder, not to account root nor user home.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Patricklimkc New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?