cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Functionality in API - Remove Member

Functionality in API - Remove Member

Sramarao N
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I am removing a member and transferring files through admin from Dropbox through API ( working fine ). So when I do that manually (in the UI)i see an option "Do you want to delete content from this member's devices the next time they come online ?" and its a radio button option for Yes or No. What is this functionality does and how can I achieve through API ? Please help.WhatsApp Image 2020-05-05 at 6.00.09 PM.jpeg

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You can find more information on the process of and options for removing a member from a team on Dropbox in the help center here.

This functionality is available via the Dropbox Business API as the /2/team/members/remove endpoint. The options you pointed out are available on that endpoint via the 'transfer_dest_id'/'transfer_admin_id' and 'wipe_data' parameters. You can find more information about those parameters in the documentation.

By the way, that's a link to the documentation for the HTTPS endpoints themselves, but we recommend using one of the official SDKs if possible. Those have corresponding native methods for the HTTPS endpoints. 

Sramarao N
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Greg,

The Only Option i wanted confirmation on Radio buttons Yes or No and the question above it. What doest that functionality mean actually?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Do you want to transfer this member’s file content to another team member?

This option lets you copy all of the files and folders from the deleted member's account to another member's account. That way, your team can keep access to the files from the deleted account, if needed.

Do you want to delete content from this member’s devices the next time they come online?

This option lets you tell Dropbox to delete the local copies of the files and folders from the deleted member's account from their devices if/when they come online again. That way, you can try to avoid having the member retain copies of files and folders they should no longer have.

Need more support?