cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of API folder sharing

Future of API folder sharing

Jeff L.34
New member | Level 1

Creating a shared folder via the API is currently impossible (please correct me if I am wrong).

However, this is possible via the create folder flow on dropbox.com and the mobile application.

With the recent release of viewing shared folders via the api (/shared_folders) is it reasonable to expect that creating and editing shared folders will be soon to follow? If so, is there a timeline for this release?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

That's correct, the Dropbox API doesn't currently have a way to create shared folders, but this is an often requested feature, and I'll be sure to count your vote too. We try not to comment on future plans, lest they change, but we do hope to satisfy this request from our developers, though I don't have a particular timeline to offer.

Jeff L.34
New member | Level 1

Thanks for the prompt response!

Jeff L.34
New member | Level 1

Just to follow up, what would be the best way then to have a user add collaborators to a folder? Say we create a folder for the user, using the API on mobile. Is there a way to deeplink into the mobile dropbox app straight to the collaboration page for that folder, or a webpage for that folder with the collaborator modal already brought up?

I'm looking for the best way for the user to add collaborators in as least steps as possible.

Thanks again.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately I don't believe there's any supported way to streamline that, but I'll be sure to pass this along as feedback. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Jeff L.34 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?