cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Changed/Added file

Get Changed/Added file

evanking
New member | Level 2

Hi there. The API appears to support a webhook which is triggered when changes occur. However, it appears to trigger on a per user bases. What is the best way to get a notification on an added file, preferably on a per-folder bases. 

I have no interest in who added/edited the file. I simply want to be notified when a file is uploaded (and to which folder it was uploaded to) so that I can subsequently download that file. 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

2 Replies 2

Re: Get Changed/Added file

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Dropbox webhooks unfortunately don't offer a way to register for notifications for specific folders, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

The best thing to currently do is use the webhook notification functionality that is available, and then call /2/files/list_folder[/continue] when notified to see what did change, and just ignore any entries you're not interested in.

Re: Get Changed/Added file

evanking
New member | Level 2

Ok thank you. This is what I figured via the documentation but wanted to make sure. I appreaciate the response. 

Do pass along the feedback, I think this seems a resonable use case. 

Thank you

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

evanking New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?