cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with V2

Getting Started with V2

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6

I currently have v1 in my iOS apps. I can't even get started with V2. How do I get your Roulette sample to compile? I compiled the framework and included it in the Roulette "Include" sample and get nothing but complaints about ARC errors.

12 Replies 12

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like you're referring to the DBRoulette sample for the Official Objective-C SDK for the Dropbox API v2. There are three copies of the example project, one for each supported method of installation. To get started, you should pick the one for the installation method you prefer, and then follow the installation instructions to install the library, just as you would in your own app.

Note that there's a known issue in that DBRoulette hasn't be updated for a change in version 2.0.6 of the SDK, so you may want to either use 2.0.5 for now, or change the instances of "DBError" to "DBRequestError".

If you're still having trouble, please share the errors you're getting. (Screenshots may also be helpful.)

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6

Replaced DBError with DBRequestError in DBRoulette. At least it now compiles and I just get a SIGABRT, maybe because of no keys set yet.

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6

Now, it's saying "Library not loaded".

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
When/where does it give that error, and what installation method did you use?

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6

Console message:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial

Referenced from: /Users/gordonapple/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F22A6687-1ED7-424E-A945-959DCC49CB5F/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/70C139CE-9AB2-4B6A-A484-518D04864D82/DBRoulette.app/DBRoulette

Reason: image not found

(lldb)

I simply dragged the framework into the project folder, then into the XCode project for DBRoulette.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Which of the three supported installation methods are you trying to use exactly? It sounds like you want to use the "manually add subproject" method. If so, make sure you follow all of those steps. For example, make sure you add it to "Embedded Binaries".

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6

I don't use CocoPods, Carthage, repositories, or homebrew. Is there some readon DropBox can't just provide an iOS framework to put in our project and go from there?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
We recommend using a package control system, as it helps developers stay up to date with updates of the SDK. I'll send this along as a feature request for support for installing from a framework file though.

AppleGG
Helpful | Level 6

Ok, you can add including some sample code that shows how to do the in-app authentication. The less I have to know about this, the better. (My background is Communications Systems Engineering.)

We have our base class for handling standard drill-down file access for files in a number of different services. Obviously, we will have to rewrite the subclass that is currently uses the Dropboc v1 Rest interface.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    AppleGG Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?