cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting error: "This app is not allowed to query for scheme dbapi-2" after upgrade to version 1.3.13 for iOS

Getting error: "This app is not allowed to query for scheme dbapi-2" after upgrade to version 1.3.13 for iOS

Ben K.17
Explorer | Level 3

I recently upgraded my dropbox SDK to version 1.3.13 to support 64-bit devices.  However, I am now getting the error:

-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "This app is not allowed to query for scheme dbapi-2"

Do I need to generate a new key to use this version?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

*moves to API forum as you're more likely to get help there*

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

(Thanks, Mark!)

Ben, I assume you're using iOS 9? Take a look at https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2015/08/important-update-your-core-api-app-for-ios-9/.

Ben K.17
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, that's correct, and this did soleve it thanks. This requires that the dropbox mobile app must be on the device also, and I didn't think that was required before.  Do I have that wrong?

Thanks, again

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff

I assume you're using the Core API and seeing this during auth?

If so, no the Dropbox app doesn't need to be installed. If the app is present, a streamlined authorization will happen in the Dropbox app. If it's not present, the authorization will happen in a web view embedded in your app.

Victor A.14
New member | Level 1

Hi Steve,

Can you please elaborate? I have the same problem after updating to IOS 9.1 (xcode 7.1.1). I have included dbapi-1, dbapi-2 and dbapi-3 in LSApplicationQueriesSchemes. Now I can access to save and load to Dropbox again, but just if the app is installed. If the app is not installed I keep getting the  error: 

-canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "(null)"

It used to work before.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Victor, it looks like you posted on two threads, so I'll follow up on the other one:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204284526-ios9-canOpenURL-failed-for-URL-dbapi...

Victor A.14
New member | Level 1

Hi Gregory,

Sorry. It was my fault. I was presenting this:

[[DBSession sharedSession] linkFromController:this];

from the wrong controller.

It's all right now with the dbapi-2 application queries scheme.

Thank you.

Need more support?