cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I embed pdf from dropbox into website

How can I embed pdf from dropbox into website

anuj9196
New member | Level 2

I want help with https://stackoverflow.com/q/51001177/3719167

In short, I am using Dropbox in my Django application to upload pdf files. And want to embed it in the template to display the pdf file.

I'm using django-storage plugin which generates url as

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/apitl/1/AABFKaNX1E-drlfT9zeL1MQZDgTygqQV9BTyAh-1CsE6vbJi9Fyk1RfmE5...

Can I download file usind

files_download_to_file

method using above url?

1 Reply 1

Re: How can I embed pdf from dropbox into website

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Your StackOverflow link is returning "Page Not Found". Do you still need help with this?

For reference, that '.../apitl/..' link that you generated is a temporary link that points directly to the file content. That lasts for four hours after it's created. If you have that, during those four hours you can download the file content directly using an HTTPS GET request.

The files_download_to_file method you mentioned is a method in the Dropbox API v2 Python SDK for downloading file content directly from Dropbox to a local file. You don't need a temporary link to use it. You just supply the remote path in Dropbox for the file you want, as well as the local path where you want to save it. (Alternatively, you can use files_download to download the file data to memory instead of the local filesystem.)

None of these are really specifically meant for embedding the data on your web page, but once you have the data, you can do whatever you need with it.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?