cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I identify if a member is outside the organisation( is external user or not) ?

How can I identify if a member is outside the organisation( is external user or not) ?

pon_athithan
Explorer | Level 3

I want to get all the member list with information, I  am using 'https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/members/list_v2' api to get the list, however, the members -> profile object doesn't have a property to say, whether the user is an external user or not(from the organization or not). Is there any way to get this information ?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The /2/team/members/list_v2[/continue] endpoints only return members of the connected team. Any member profile returned is for a member of the team, and accounts that are not a member of the team will not be returned there.

Note that you can set include_removed: True to also list members that have been removed. You can check the profile.status field for a profile to check the status of any returned member profile. Refer to the documentation linked above for more information on the returned fields.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?