cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I select multiple files to upload with Dropbox Saver?

How can I select multiple files to upload with Dropbox Saver?

jary_capstone
Helpful | Level 5

I want to select multiple files from a folder instead of adding the url of the file in the code.
Is it possible to select multiple?

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @jary_capstone - how are you today?

Would you mind elaborating for a bit on this one as I am not sure I understand completely? Are you trying to upload using the website or are you using our API in any way maybe? 

Can you send me a screenshot of the problem or the last screen prior to the step you stumbled upon so as to send you the most appropriate next steps or the most relevant information in regards to your inquiry? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jary_capstone
Helpful | Level 5

dropbox saver.png

I'm good. @Walter
I'm using the Dropbox Saver in a web app that I'm working on. I want to select more files to upload instead of only one but because this is going to be used by users from different computers and they are going to select files from their respective computers I can not specify the url in the code:

var options = {
files: [
// You can specify up to 100 files.
{'url': '...', 'filename': '...'},  <--- 
{'url': '...', 'filename': '...'},  <---

Is there any other way that I can do it?

Thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional info @jary_capstone - much obliged. 

As this is not within my scope of expertise, I have moved your post here so the right people can see and get on it. 

If there's anything else I can do from my end to assist in the meantime, do let me know. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@jary_capstone I'm not sure I understand your use case. Can you elaborate?

The Dropbox Saver allows you to specify multiple files, as shown in the sample code you shared, but each file does need to be hosted at a URL accessible to the Dropbox servers so they can be added to the user account(s). The Saver can't be used to save local files.

jary_capstone
Helpful | Level 5

@Greg K.

I want to select files from my local computer to save them in Dropbox using Dropbox Saver. The way that Dropbox Saver allows me to do it is giving the URL of each of the files in the code. What if I want to select files from Documents/... folder? Not all time I will upload the same files from that specific folder. 
On the other hand, this feature will be used from other computers so again, the files that the user will upload are not going to be the same as mine so the URL is NOT the same.

Any possibility to select the files giving the URL of the folder?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for following up. No, unfortunately the Dropbox Saver does not offer a way to save local file like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Need more support?