cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I get the all revisions of one file with API v2

How could I get the all revisions of one file with API v2

CooperLiu
New member | Level 2

How could I get the all revisions of one file with API v2, the v1 could get the recent 1000 revisions v2 the parameter limit range is [1, 100] so how should I get the all revisions or how many revisions about the file?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Unfortunately there isn't a way to list more than that using API v2, but I'll pass this along as a request.

HaPsantran
Helpful | Level 5

No pagination or even a way to specify a datetime range within which we are looking for 100 revisions? It's disappointing to have months of version history available in the Dropbox web UI and unavailable via the API.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@HaPsantran Thanks for the feedback. I don't have an update on this request but I'll add your note and follow up here if/when I have any news.

Excelmate
Explorer | Level 4

Any further update on this, I have the api proceedure running, but cannot get more than 100 updates.

I am trying to replicate the version history option that is available on the web by right clicking on a file.

Short of running a twice daily procedure going forward (can easily be more than 100 updates on a file during a day), not sure what else I can do.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Excelmate No, unfortunately I don't have any changes to report on this.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Excelmate Explorer | Level 4
    HaPsantran Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?