cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a user to an application in development?

How to add a user to an application in development?

FALSHER
New member | Level 2

I want to test the developed application on another account. I get the access token using the method "/oauth2/authorize?client_id=*****&response_type=code". As a result, I get a key that is different in length from the one that I generated in the app console, in addition, when I execute any request in the dropbox, I get a 401 Unauthorized status

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to add a user to an application in development?

FALSHER
New member | Level 2

I was able to solve my problem myself. For authorization using the Bearer method, you need exactly the same long access token that can be obtained with response_type=token

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

FALSHER
New member | Level 2

I was able to solve my problem myself. For authorization using the Bearer method, you need exactly the same long access token that can be obtained with response_type=token

View solution in original post

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Yes, when using 'response_type=code', you'll get back an "authorization code", not an "access token". You can exchange the authorization code for an access token by calling /oauth2/token.

When using 'response_type=token', you'll get back an access token directly.

The 'response_type=token' flow is no longer recommended though. It's best to use 'response_type=code' for server-side apps, and 'response_type=code' with PKCE for client-side apps.

You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    FALSHER New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?