cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change application access type

How to change application access type

Hoang Tran
New member | Level 1

HI all,

I have created an app that enables to access to Dropbox with access type "App folder – Access to a single folder created specifically for your app.".

Now I want to change the application permission to access type "Full Dropbox– Access to all files and folders in a user's Dropbox."

How can I do that? I do not see any Edit function to change application permission. please give me any idea?

Thanks and best regards!

Hoang Tran,

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It's not currently possible to switch the permission on an existing app.

If you want to switch the permission for an app in development mode, you can do so by deleting the current app and registering another with the desired permission. Deleting an app in development mode frees up the name so you can register it again. Once you do, just be sure to update your app accordingly to use the new permission as well as the new app keys.

If your app is already in production, we do not recommend disabling your app, as it would break the integration for existing users. Instead, we recommend you register another API app for the other permission and add that as an option in your app.

Hoang Tran
New member | Level 1

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your quick answer... it's a great support!

Best regards,

Hoang Tran

anchal j.
New member | Level 1

Earlier I had created an app with file type app permission. Now we are using the Dropbox API v2 for Windows Phone application , I could log in a client successfully but if I want to retrieve user's data with dropboxclient.usersGetCurrentAccount function, I always got the same error:

Bad Input: Error in call to API function "users/get_current_account": Your app is not currently allowed to use the API v2 beta API.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards, 

Anchal Jain

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Anchal, API v2 doesn't support the file type permission, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    anchal j. New member | Level 1
    Hoang Tran New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?