cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clearStoredAccessToken for tokens that fail migration?

How to clearStoredAccessToken for tokens that fail migration?

rajul_texas
Explorer | Level 3

I am using DBClientsManager::checkAndPerformV1TokenMigration to migrate myDropbox Objective-C API v1 access tokens toDropbox Objective-C API v2.

As a part of the error handling if a token fails to migrate, I am guessing I should be clearing the stored access token by calling DBOAuthManager::clearStoredAccessToken and prompt the user to acquire a new v2 access token.

However this method takes a tokenUid. Since these are v1 tokens I only have access to 

DropboxUserID, AccessToken, AccessTokenSecret and StoredAppKey. How do I clear the access token from the Auth Manager or the Key Chain?

Thanks,

Rajul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to clearStoredAccessToken for tokens that fail migration?

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
You don't need to clear old tokens that failed to migrate. There's no harm in having them stored. (The clearStoredAccessToken method would only clear tokens for the current SDK, not the old ones, anyway.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: How to clearStoredAccessToken for tokens that fail migration?

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
You don't need to clear old tokens that failed to migrate. There's no harm in having them stored. (The clearStoredAccessToken method would only clear tokens for the current SDK, not the old ones, anyway.)

View solution in original post

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?