cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get list members on a team folder using team admin token?

How to get list members on a team folder using team admin token?

VeraSecurity
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

How can I use the team admin token to find the member list on a team folder? My doubt is, to get the list of members I need to provide some memberId with header "Dropbox-API-Select-User". But I dont know who all has access on the folder so I cannot provide that info. Please help.

Thanks,

Manish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To use the team member file access feature to access arbitrary team content, even if you don't yet know who is a member of the folder, you should use "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" instead of "Dropbox-API-Select-User". If supply any team admin's ID as "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin", you'll be able to call /2/sharing/list_folder_members[/continue] (or other such endpoints) even if that admin is not a member of the folder. You can find more information in the documentation here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To use the team member file access feature to access arbitrary team content, even if you don't yet know who is a member of the folder, you should use "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin" instead of "Dropbox-API-Select-User". If supply any team admin's ID as "Dropbox-API-Select-Admin", you'll be able to call /2/sharing/list_folder_members[/continue] (or other such endpoints) even if that admin is not a member of the folder. You can find more information in the documentation here.

VeraSecurity
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Perfect ! 

This is really helpful. Thanks Greg !

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

VeraSecurity Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?