cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get list of files recently modified within 24 hours through Dropbox API V2

How to get list of files recently modified within 24 hours through Dropbox API V2

rbsindhu90
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have an scenario where I need to find out the recently modified files in a day through Dropbox API v2 in Java. 

Right now I am scanning through each and every file in the Dropbox through ListFolderBuilder to check the server modified date to find out whether the file has been modified. 

Is there any way I could find only the recently modified files in a day through code in Dropbox API v2? Is this feature availble?

Appreciate your help here.

Thanks,

Sindhu.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API unfortunately doesn't offer a better way to do this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API unfortunately doesn't offer a better way to do this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

Kloudless V.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Greg. Have there been any updates on how to obtain the most recently modified files in a Dropbox account? I noticed the web UI supports a Recents view.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Kloudless V. No, I don't have any updates on this feature request for exposing recent file information on the API.

ADC75011
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Any news after all these years?

Thanks

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@ADC75011 No, unfortunately I don't have any update on this request.

pcooperuk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

Just been interfacing with Dropbox API and came across this as I am looking for the extact same 'give me recently updated only' from the API.

I have to admit I am shocked that this very basic feature, after 3 years is still not in the API, is Dropbox not a multi billion dollar company?

Is there a particular reason why this extremely important feature has not been implemented?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@pcooperuk Thanks for the feedback! I can't speak to why Dropbox hasn't chosen to implement any particular feature on the API, but I'll add your feedback to the feature request. 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi guys,

One way to workaround could be keep a list of cursors on regular basis and use the desired to enumerate latest (using /list_folder/continue). 😉

Hope this gives idea.

Add: Final solution could be Dropbox adds support of double directional lists. Currently API calls (like /list_folder or /list_folder/get_latest_cursor) returning cursors work only in enumeration of newer changes. Adding a boolean argument like 'reverse_direction' to arguments set of such calls could solve the issue permanently. 🙂

pcooperuk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Здравко,

Will look into storing the cursor and fetching using continue. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pcooperuk Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?