cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to upload file in dropbox in each and every user using vb.net

How to upload file in dropbox in each and every user using vb.net

Aravindb
Explorer | Level 3

Hi
   I need to upload files to each and every dropbox users using vb.net. There is no interface to allow premission, it just import background. 
For eg : i have 5 dropbox users emails only, for five users i need to upload files and i have my own account and dropbox app also created with my password,so how to import files to that 5 users from my app ?
i have following code to import files to my dropbox only (app created dropbox account), so how to import files to other 5 users.
code Screenshot : http://prntscr.com/s7x4q9  - using this code can import to my dropbox only,so how to allow other user also can get file once import.

Regards,
Aravind 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

In order for an app to upload files to any particular Dropbox account, it needs authorization from the user of that account. To request authorization from the end-user, the app should implement and use the OAuth app authorization flow. (The Dropbox API v2 .NET SDK offers a DropboxOAuth2Helper class for this. There's also an example app that uses it here.)

The result of this is an access token for that user's account, which would be in place of the 'xxxxxxx' string seen in your screenshot. Using that access token would allow the app to upload to the user's account. The app only needs to process the OAuth app authorization flow once per user. It can store and re-use each access token for each respective user.

Alternatively, if it makes sense for your scenario, you could invite the other users to a shared folder in your account, and then just upload to that shared folder via the API using an access token for your own account, and those files would automatically sync to the other members of the shared folder.

Need more support?