cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ID for files

ID for files

Matteo P.
New member | Level 2

I would like to have an unique ID for each file that is persisted across renames, moves and revision. In this Stack Overflow question you said you were tracking it as a feature request (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15209512/dropbox-file-unique-identifier-restful-api). Any news?

12 Replies 12

Mark
Super User II

It was something that was being implemented in the last version of the beta releases so I'd assume its coming shortly....

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Matteo P.
New member | Level 2

@Mark thanks, that would be great! Do you know if the beta releases are public and if we can already use it?

Mark
Super User II

All Beta releases are public. See https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/communities/public/questions/201820745-Experimenal-Build-3-1-270 for info. This is a newer version though.

For info beta versions are always odd numbered clients (e.g. 3.1.x, 3.3.x etc.) and stable even number (e.g. 3.0.x, 3.2.x etc.)

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Matteo P.
New member | Level 2

Sorry to bother you but the like is for a desktop release build, i want to access it from the API, specifically the HTTP api

Mark
Super User II

Ah, sorry Matteo, I didnt see this was in the API forum.

Matteo P.
New member | Level 2

No problem. But I suppose that if it was coming to the desktop then it'll come to the API too...

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

To echo the StackOverflow thread, no news on this right now.

murat s.
New member | Level 1

❤️

Ashley B.10
Explorer | Level 3

Is there any more news regarding this?

Need more support?