cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Invalid Async jobid

Invalid Async jobid

buttflattery
Explorer | Level 4

i am working on uploading multiple files to dropbox in chunks using javascript SDK methods "filesUploadSessionStart" and "filesUploadSessionAppendV2" and i use "filesUploadSessionFinishBatch" after uploading all files, which return me a job id like "dbjid:AABlCnjCjyN1hlWjt7yTgcS9jD95DnYMug9_tSpn66X0fsVN3vXV4I6ZTHshl2vjFMOdOAGH9Q8wd6ofr9_6kFKE".

All works fine and all the files are uploaded correctly on dropbox the only problem i am having is that when i check this job id via API console using the endpoint "upload_session/finish_batch/check" it always returns the response 

{
  "error_summary": "invalid_async_job_id/...",
  "error": {
    ".tag": "invalid_async_job_id"
  }
}

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The format of the job ID you shared here looks correct, so we'll need to look into this further. To help track this issue down, can you let me know:

• how long after receiving that job ID did you make the call to upload_session/finish_batch/check that fails with "invalid_async_job_id"?
  • can you double check that you're making the call to upload_session/finish_batch/check with an access token for the same app and user as the one you made to upload_session/finish_batch to start the job?

buttflattery
Explorer | Level 4

It was my mistake i was trying to trigger the job from my code and then trying to use the API console to check for the job_id which for some reason does not work 

Need more support?