Dropbox API Support & Feedback
Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.
I know that a cutoff date of 28 June 2017 for API v1 is what is stated on your Developer Blog here...
But, it seems as though there are some problems with the current version of the API v2 Objective-C SDK, for example the in ability to cancel requests...
As as everyone here knows: the v1 to v2 transition is a very sizable programming and debugging effort. I am concerned that I will not be able to migrate my iOS app to API v2 and thoroughly complete testing in time for the shut off of v1. Note that my iOS app has been running flawlessly under v1 for over two years.
Is there any possibility that the v1 shut off date can be moved back to allow us (and you) more time to get this transition right?
Thanks for this very generous offer Greg (and Dropbox) -- however, our migration to API v2 has been going quite well and it looks like we're on track to be done relying on v1 in early June.
It is nice to know that there is a 'safety net' in place should we run into any problems or delays.
Hi Greg, I am no aware of droping support to V1.0 until now. Just received and email. I alredy sent support request using the suggested link. I am sure there are so many other developers in the same situation.Please keep V1.0 end points until end of this year and update/remind developers more frequently with emails. Really appreciate your support on this. I have several apps and need time to study V2.0 API and update my apps.
We too have been caught in this. Our app is in Adobe AIR, and the Dropbox library we used has been abandoned, so we've been rewriting it almost from scratch, but it's becoming clear that we can't make it by June 28th. At that point, our users will lose sync. We have another week of development in order to roll this out responsibly (we have full Dropbox access, so this can't be sloppy code), and we need a week for App Store review.
I've already posted a ticket as suggested. I don't know if it's important to also post here. But we're basically begging for some kind of extension, because it's becoming physically impossible to make the deadline. Even though we started in what we thought was plenty of time, rewriting this library from scratch has turned out to be incredibly labor intensive. We're forced to make an entire SDK from scratch.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!