cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to search through the content of csv?

Is there a way to search through the content of csv?

mike k.24
New member | Level 1

I would like to search through content of .csv files. Why is it impossible? I thought .csv are just text files. Are there any plans that dropbox allows this feature in the near future?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Mike, are you referring to searching in content using the API v2 /search endpoint? I can't speak to why one format or another is or isn't supported, or if it will be in the future, but I'll send this along as a feature request.

mike k.24
New member | Level 1

Hi Gregory.

Yes, I'm saying about API v2 /search.

My clients has two files formats: .pdf and .csv and we need to search thought its contents. Now we need to duplicate csv's by changing it to .txt format to have an ability to search its contents.

Thanks for your response

mike k.24
New member | Level 1

Hi Gregory,

Is there any official way to get the info from dropbox about possible adding of csv file searching feature? My client is a huge concern and needs to load to a dropbox a large amount of data at .csv format. This data should be "at read format" to have possibility to search through contents. I'm afraid that my solution of the problem, namely: to duplicate .csv by their .txt copy, seems to be very unpractical and heavy-weight.  

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Mike, I've sent this along as a feature request, but I can't make any promises about if or when it would be implemented. We generally try not guarantee one way or another about future developments, since plans can change suddenly, lest we mislead users/developers. Sorry I can't be of more help!

mike k.24
New member | Level 1

Hi Gregory.

Thanks for clear response!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mike k.24 New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?