cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDE Kmail link with dropbox: "user limit reached". What does it main?

KDE Kmail link with dropbox: "user limit reached". What does it main?

Gijsbert H.
New member | Level 1

I am setting up Kmail, an e-mail client of KDE. One of the things that it offers is the possibility to connect that programme to Dropbox in order to be able to send very large files to addressees using Dropbox. However, setting up the link with Dropbox, i.e. authorising Dropbox to establish an link with Kmail by entering my e-mailaddress and password, I keep getting the following message: "This app has reached its user limit. Contact the app developer and ask them to use the Dropbox API App Console to increase their app's user limit." What does this mean, what should I do, or what have I done wrong?

Hope you can help.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Richard P.
Super User alumni

It means exactly what it says - the app has reached the maximum number of users allowed, and the developer needs to take action to increase the number of users allowed to use the apps API token.

You cannot do anything, and Dropbox wont do anything to resolve the issue, the app developer needs to do something.

Gijsbert H.
New member | Level 1

Oops, that is a bit sloppy. (Hopefully only a temporary mistake of the KDE people, normally a vibrant and highly effective community - one of the most powerful in the open source universe.)

Thanks!

Pierre B.4
New member | Level 1

J'ai le même problème et espère que l'équipe de kde et de dropbox, vont trouver rapidement une solution

Merci à eux pour leur travail 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Pierre B.4 New member | Level 1
    Gijsbert H. New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?