cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple short lived access tokens in same app

Multiple short lived access tokens in same app

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi. Appreciate this may be a silly question, but here goes. Given that a refresh token can be used to generate short lived access tokens, is it possible to use more than one of these short lived tokens at the same time in the same app for the same user. 

So for example could you be using one short lived access token for a background process (e.g. using longpoll), then generate another short lived token to read some files from a folder, while the background process continues. Or would the generation of the new short lived token invalidate the token being used for the background process.

I ask because currently I maintain multiple instances of the DropboxClient in my Android client, so I may need to switch to a singleton if the above is a problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can create and use multiple short-lived access tokens for the same app-user pair at the same time. Creating a new one doesn't invalidate previous ones.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can create and use multiple short-lived access tokens for the same app-user pair at the same time. Creating a new one doesn't invalidate previous ones.

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks. And great support in general by the way, really appreciate it!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark R.5 Helpful | Level 5
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?