cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Alamofire 4.0.0 for swift 3.0

Need Alamofire 4.0.0 for swift 3.0

Mark L.45
Collaborator | Level 8

Want to use swiftyDropbox with Swift 3.0 / IOS 10.0

Followed the install instructions, but it downloads the wrong version of Alamofire I suspect.

I think I need 4.0.0 which I can add to a swift 3.0 independently, compile and run. Version 3.3.X that the loads when you do the podfile for SwifyDropbox install won't even compile, gives me dozens of errors.

How to change the podfile to select a more recent copy of Alamofile? 

16 Replies 16

Rich
Super User II

Moved to the API forum.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report Mark! We are working on updating SwiftyDropbox for Swift 3 to take care of this.

Mark L.45
Collaborator | Level 8

Great, but my project moves to the twilight zone in the meantime. When do you think Swiftydropbox will be swift 3.0 compliant and is there anything else I can do to help make this happen? Can I try Alamofire 4.0.0 with the existing Swiftydropbox? And send you back/maybe even fix some errors?

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff

@Mark L.: Thanks for your patience – we're really prioritizing this and should have a Swift 3 / Alamofire 4 fork out very soon (along with a bunch of other updates). I'll ping this thread when it's out.

Joe Z.1
Explorer | Level 3

thanks for your efforts, I am having the same need and will be patient

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

SwiftyDropbox now supports Swift 3, as of version 4.0.0. Please grab the latest version 4.0.2, and let us know if you run in to any issues.

Mark L.45
Collaborator | Level 8

Followed the instructions for a manual install instructions on Alamofire, installed working ok. Copied source and created a new group for Swifty Code included iOS source. Tried to complile and got 4 errors, all the same thing?

SwiftyDropbox-master/Source/Source/PlatformNeutral/TeamRoutes.swift:647:69: Use of undeclared type 'Date'

Imported UIKit, cleared it. Than this appeared ... looked @ it and thru stackoverflow for an hour or so and than..

SwiftyDropbox-master/Source/Source/PlatformNeutral/SharingRoutes.swift:194:147: Use of undeclared type 'URL'

Abandoned.... 

Mark L.45
Collaborator | Level 8

Tried copying the entire SwiftyDropbox project into mine as well [as I do with Alamofire]. Compiled ok that time, but having put some sample code into the project it failed since it started looking for the URL scheme in the wrong place, that is with the SwiftyDropbox project, not mine. Couldn't of course add it to that project either. Falling back to using Alamofile with HTTP API, which seems to be the only way forward. No choice about using tools like CocoaPods, need to keep things simple.

Stephen C.14
Dropbox Staff

@Mark L.: Sorry for all the trouble you've had with adding the subproject manually.

I went ahead and update the README to be way more detailed and clearer about manually adding a subproject. I know you've had a frustrating experience up until this point, but if you'd be willing to give it another shot with the SDK, we'd really appreciate it!

Try following the steps listed in the updated documentation here.

I confirmed that when I followed the updated steps, the SDK was using the correct .plist (that is, the project's .plist file).

Let me know if you try it again and if it works for you. Thanks for your patience!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Wilfried S. New member | Level 1
    Stephen C.14 Dropbox Staff
    Mark L.45 Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?