cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

.Net client issues when using refresh tokens

.Net client issues when using refresh tokens

jfreer
Explorer | Level 4

I am trying to use the .Net SDK, versions 6.2 and 6.14, with refresh tokens but am having issues. We create a DropboxClient with a DropboxClientConfig with the HttpClient configured with a short 7 second timeout and proxy configuration. This setup has worked well in all environments with long lived access tokens for years. When working with Refresh tokens, I am having the following issues:
1. API calls work fine when calling locally (where I don't need a proxy) and take less than a second
2. When deployed to our test environment, the API calls timeout after 100 seconds
In the refresh token case, I suspect that the Dropbox client is not honoring our DropboxClientConfig. I've examined your Dropbox client code and this indeed looks to be the case. When your code tries to retrieve a new access token using the Refresh token, it uses a default HttpClient (with 100 second timeout), not the one passed via DropboxClientConfig.

Please comment how to address this. I cannot meet the Sept 30th deadline if this code does not work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: .Net client issues when using refresh tokens

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Thanks for the report! I'll ask the team to fix this up.

I can't promise a timeline for that though, so feel free to open an API ticket with the relevant app key(s) to ask for an extension.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

Thanks for the report! I'll ask the team to fix this up.

I can't promise a timeline for that though, so feel free to open an API ticket with the relevant app key(s) to ask for an extension.

jfreer
Explorer | Level 4

Is there any status on the fix for this? Shall I open an issue on the gitlab SDK repo so I can track it?

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

This is still open with the team, but I don't have an update on it. I'll follow up here once I do. There's no need to open another thread/issue for this. This thread serves as the external reference for this.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    jfreer Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?