cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net client issues when using refresh tokens

.Net client issues when using refresh tokens

jfreer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am trying to use the .Net SDK, versions 6.2 and 6.14, with refresh tokens but am having issues. We create a DropboxClient with a DropboxClientConfig with the HttpClient configured with a short 7 second timeout and proxy configuration. This setup has worked well in all environments with long lived access tokens for years. When working with Refresh tokens, I am having the following issues:
1. API calls work fine when calling locally (where I don't need a proxy) and take less than a second
2. When deployed to our test environment, the API calls timeout after 100 seconds
In the refresh token case, I suspect that the Dropbox client is not honoring our DropboxClientConfig. I've examined your Dropbox client code and this indeed looks to be the case. When your code tries to retrieve a new access token using the Refresh token, it uses a default HttpClient (with 100 second timeout), not the one passed via DropboxClientConfig.

Please comment how to address this. I cannot meet the Sept 30th deadline if this code does not work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! I'll ask the team to fix this up.

I can't promise a timeline for that though, so feel free to open an API ticket with the relevant app key(s) to ask for an extension.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report! I'll ask the team to fix this up.

I can't promise a timeline for that though, so feel free to open an API ticket with the relevant app key(s) to ask for an extension.

jfreer
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is there any status on the fix for this? Shall I open an issue on the gitlab SDK repo so I can track it?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This is still open with the team, but I don't have an update on it. I'll follow up here once I do. There's no need to open another thread/issue for this. This thread serves as the external reference for this.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    jfreer Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?