cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NodeJs application with Dropbox

NodeJs application with Dropbox

Tshaniii
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

I am developing a Nodejs application, with a react frontend and MySQL database. So this database will store information about the documents in the dropbox folders. (the documents table with attribute folders and etc.) So in my app I am controlling the uploading, editing, moving, signing document. At first it will be uploaded by someone so the database record will be made and then the rest of the actions too will be available from the frontend. What is the easy way to do. Are there any similar work?

And if i give the access token to the people who login to the app is it ok?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I can't offer help with React itself, as that's not made by Dropbox, so I suggest referring to the React documentation/support resources for help with that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you're using Node.js and need to interact with the Dropbox API, we recommend using the official Dropbox API v2 JavaScript SDK, which supports Node.js. You can find sample code for that here.

Note though that you should not be sharing access tokens with other users. The API was designed with the intention that each user would link their own Dropbox account, receiving their own access token(s), in order to interact with their own files. While it is technically possible to share an access token and always connect to just one account for all users, we do not officially support this, for various technical and security reasons.

Tshaniii
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you Greg!.  May I know how i can enable a user who logs in to the web application (nodejs app) using their email, at the same time get an access token for their email. Or continue woking in the nodejs app with files using the email address.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

For information on how apps can use the OAuth app authorization flow to have end-users authorize an app to access their accounts, please read the OAuth Guide.

To see how to use the JavaScript SDK for this, check out the examples included with the SDK.

Tshaniii
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

one more question. i have trouble in using the react front end

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I can't offer help with React itself, as that's not made by Dropbox, so I suggest referring to the React documentation/support resources for help with that.

Tshaniii
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

tnx!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tshaniii Helpful | Level 5
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?