cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not receiving responses

Not receiving responses

AliLezama
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, I'm new with the Api of DropBox in general. Right now I'm trying to integrate the api on my iOS app. I followed this steps I managed to get it working on Xcode Version 9.2  with Swift 3.2. I have already signIn with my user and created a folder just as the examples says. What I really want to do is to get the user files list, but I'm making the request almost the same as the creatinFolder but I just dont get a response. I would be very happy with any help 

let client = Dropbox.authorizedClient;
client?.files.listFolder(path:"").response 
{ response, error in if let response = response
{ print("Response: ",response); let data = response.entries; for file in data { print(file.name); } }
else if let error = error
{ print("Error: ",error); } }

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
What version number of the Dropbox SDK do you have installed? The SDK doesn't have a `Dropbox.authorizedClient`, just `DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient`.

(If you're not running the latest version, currently v4.5.0, please upgrade and try reproducing the issue again.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Can you check if `client` is `nil`? It looks like you maybe meant to use `DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient` instead of `Dropbox.authorizedClient`.

AliLezama
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Greg, thanks for your help.

But as I mentioned when I run the test to create a folder on myDropBox it does create it, without response. When I try to get files I've checked the client and it isn't nil. 
About the use of 'Dropbox.authorizedClient' instead of 'DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient', is because xcode told me i didn't found the 'DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient'.

I track the request response and on Alamofire the validate function does not return neither Success nor Failure. I'm going to try Alamofire request alone to see if theres a problem

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
What version number of the Dropbox SDK do you have installed? The SDK doesn't have a `Dropbox.authorizedClient`, just `DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient`.

(If you're not running the latest version, currently v4.5.0, please upgrade and try reproducing the issue again.)

AliLezama
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks Greg, I don't know why but my cocoaPods had an error and did not download the last version of Dropbox SDK. Had to uninstall cocoa and reinstall and redownload everything, now i got it working and also I'm using DropboxClientsManager.
Sorry for the trouble and once again thanks.
Need more support?