cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth flow broken on older Chromium [25]

OAuth flow broken on older Chromium [25]

hemancuso
Explorer | Level 3

We're using an older embedded version of Chromium in ExpanDrive for Windows [CefSharp 1 using Chromium 25] and in the past day or two the Dropbox oauth flow has broken - users see the form but there are some javascript errors thrown in the console that prevent the user from typing their email address [hidden behind grayed out "email"/"password" placeholders] and the sign in button doesn't activate. The log in with google button also doesn't work. This worked a few days ago.

Here are the messages we're seeing in the console:

https://cfl.dropboxstatic.com/static/javascript/compiled/require_bundle.min-vflcbYjLz.js:1 - Uncaught TypeError: Property 'nextTick' of object #<Object> is not a function

https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=[REDACTED]www.expandrive.com%2... - Uncaught TypeError: Property 'define' of object [object Object] is not a function

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report!

We'll look into it, but I'm afraid I can't make any promises as Chromium 25 isn't supported. I'll follow up here with any updates.

Regardless, I do recommend updating your app to use a supported browser. That could be by embedding a supported browser, or by sending the user to their default browser, which would normally receive updates anyway.

hemancuso
Explorer | Level 3

Greg - nothing on that page suggests Chrome 25 isn't supported. Am I missing something?

In any case, it's not always possible to update an embedded web frame - and for a simple login window I'd hope you guys could keep compatility.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The system requirements help article covers browsers under the "For dropbox.com" section:

You can transfer and download files from dropbox.com using most modern browsers, but dropbox.com works best on the two most recent versions of:

- Chrome

Some features may not be fully supported on older versions of these browsers, or on browsers not listed above.

Specific version numbers aren't listed there, but currently the latest two versions of Chrome are 55 and 56, so 25 is no longer considered officially supported, and we can't guarantee compatbility with it. (For reference, it looks like Chrome 25 was released in early 2013.)

In any case, the team will look into whether or not we can fix this. (Even if we do, it's possible something may break again in the future though, so we do recommend updating.)

e-Tobi
Explorer | Level 3

I've just encountered the same problem with the default browser on a Motorola/Symbol TC55 handheld (Android 4.0.3 / Browser Version 4.1.2-eng). I get the same javascript errors and it's impossible to sign in.

There's absolutely no way to update these devices with a more recent browser, so a fix would be highly appreciated.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
We've had our engineers working on this and the good news is the problem has been fixed. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

e-Tobi
Explorer | Level 3

Yepp, it works again! Thanks a million to you and the engineers.

Have a nice weekend!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

e-Tobi Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    hemancuso Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?