cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth2 not working tonight

OAuth2 not working tonight

OGMC
Helpful | Level 6

Is there any known issues with oauth 2 tonight? I can't authorise at all but was fine earlier.

16 Replies 16

OGMC
Helpful | Level 6

Unfortunately I am still recieving the same error.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@OGMC Can you share the code that isn't working for you? Thanks in advance! 

AngelaLam
New member | Level 2

Hi I'm also having the same error:

HTTP status 400 {"error": "v1_retired"}

It was working fine in the past.  From what I can see, all the codes were added properly, and it says app v2 on my dropbox app page.  Any idea why?

hypershop
New member | Level 2

I did make the change. Changed /1/oauth/, but still getting the error:

HTTP status 400 {"error": "v1_retired"}

immu_20
Explorer | Level 4
[2017-09-29 10:15:29] HTTP status 400
{"error": "v1_retired"}

I get this error aswell - any help

Patric
New member | Level 2

Hi, how is the status of that bug?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi all, there was an issue with /oauth2/token, which is used by DropboxOAuth2FlowNoRedirect, among others, but that was quickly resolved.

Part of the confusion here was that while the OAuth 2 step may now work, you will still get a 400 'v1_retired' error if you then use the resulting access token to make an API v1 call.

If you're still getting a 400 'v1_retired' error, it should indicate that you are making an API v1 call, and need to migrate to API v2. Make sure you check exactly where in your code the error is occurring. Depending on your setup, you may need to update the version of the SDK or library you're using, if any.

Since the 400 error code can occur in various different cases, I'm going to close this thread to avoid any further confusion. If you believe you're incorrectly seeing the 400 'v1_retired' error, please feel free to open a new thread or an API ticket with the specific code and full error output and we'll be happy to take a look.

Also, if you need more time to migrate your app to API v2, we can offer an extension for access to API v1. To request that, please open an API ticket with the relevant app key(s).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Patric New member | Level 2
    immu_20 Explorer | Level 4
    hypershop New member | Level 2
    AngelaLam New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?